Friday, August 13, 2010

Grilled Steak Salad

I must admit, I have been making and eating a lot of vegetarian dishes. My husband always goes along with me, tastes things for me, and does not complain about eating the vegetarian way. Yesterday I got the notion that he wanted some red meat. We were in the grocery store, and he was looking at some small organic steaks. He even asked me if I could work the two steaks into our weekly menu. So I did, and here is what we had for dinner tonight.


Grilled Steak Salad
Makes 2 servings

In large salad bowl mix:

1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 large red pepper, thinly sliced

Grilled Steak

2 small steaks (I used small skirt steaks, anything without a bone will work)
Mrs Dash salt free seasoning (Garlic and Herb flavor)

Sprinkle both sides of steaks with Mrs. Dash and grill to desired doneness. Remembering the food safety rules for rare meat.

When steak is done, slice thin keeping steak intact.

It's About Thyme Vinaigrette

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
1 T chopped fresh thyme, or 2 teaspoons dried
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T water
2 T lemon juice
6 T extra virgin olive oil

Whirl together in food processor until smooth.

To plate: Place salad mixture on plate, top with sliced steak, and drizzle on two to three Tablespoons dressing across steak lengthwise. Enjoy!!

Let me know your thoughts on this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment