Thursday, July 22, 2010

Baby Romaine with Cherry Vinaigrette

Sometimes it is the simple dinners are just what I like. Of course, it has a salad attached to it. But spaghetti is such a comfort food for this Italian girl. I remember there was not a week that went by without having pasta on Wednesday night. I grew up with it and carried on the tradition with my own family. When my husband was diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity, Wednesday night pasta changed as well. Because no matter brand I tried of gluten-free pastas they all tasted pasty. Pasty pasta is just plain horrible, you could use it for glue, or better yet mortar.

Then I tried the Tinkyada Pasta Joy Ready. It is the best gluten-free pasta brand I have ever tasted. It is made from organic brown rice. The texture of the leftover pasta is just like regular pasta, it isn't hard or dry. I think this will now be my go-to brand whenever I have the need to have pasta again. You don't need to have a gluten sensitivity to try Tinkyada, just do it for your health, plus your taste buds will thank you.

Now onto the salad that went along with this wonderful spaghetti dinner.

Baby Romaine Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette
Serves 4

1 head baby romaine lettuce
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Mix together in salad bowl.

Cherry Vinaigrette
1 cup pitted cherries, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Whirl together in food processor.

Spoon vinaigrette over each individual salad.

Manga!!

No comments:

Post a Comment