Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chicken Raspberry Salad with Kiwi Vinaigrette

My husband buys most of the fruit for us. He is able to take his time, feel the flesh of the fruit, smell the fragrance of the fruit. I just look at them and throw them into the cart. My husband handles fruit with like handling a newborn baby. He is complete and utterly tender with it. Last night is no different. He went to my favorite gourmet grocery store and picked up a 1/2 a flat of locally grown raspberries for $11.99, a great price for where we live. I came home from work and he asked me what I could do with raspberries. That is how this salad came into being. I thought about mixing raspberries with other fruit and vegetables, and what kind of meat would go good with it all night long. Imagine having a cooking dream to wake up with ferocious hunger. This will be our dinner tonight. Hope you all can taste my creation!

Chicken Raspberry Salad with Kiwi Vinaigrette
Serves 4

3 heads Boston Lettuce
1 bag baby spinach
1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
fresh tarragon to taste (I like about 5 leaves)
1 cup raspberries

Mix together and set aside

2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced on a diagonal
2 shallots
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

Saute chicken and shallots in oil until chicken is no longer pink and shallots are translucent.

1 cups raspberries, washed
4 oz. goat cheese, sliced


Kiwi Vinaigrette

3 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, mined or grated
4 tarragon leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Whirl together in food processor.

To Plate: place salad mix on plate, top with chicken slices with shallots, divide goat cheese among plates and place off to the side of the chicken. Pour on dressing.

This salad speaks light and refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment