Sunday, July 11, 2010

Serendipity Salad

Serendipity is thought of as good luck or making something good happen by accident. This salad is just like that because I took the little bits that I had on hand and came up with a wonderfully splendid tasting salad. It tantalizes the taste buds while nourishing my need to crunch. I even got a thumbs up from my husband who said this is the best I've ever made. It's funny he says that about all my cooking. At any rate, I hope you enjoy the serendipity that comes from making this salad.

Serendipity Salad

1/2 head Romaine lettuce
1/2 head Red leaf lettuce
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped

Mix together in salad bowl; set aside.

1 Vidalia onion, cut in half and sliced lengthwise into thin strips
1 clove elephant garlic, minced
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt

Saute together over medium heat until onions are translucent and ground turkey is white. Set aside to cool. When cool mix with lettuce mixture; set aside.

Salsa Vinaigrette

1 cup salsa of choice (I used Muir Glen's peach salsa)
1 avocado
2 T lime juice
6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Whirl together in food processor.

To Serve: place salad mixture on plate and top with vinaigrette, serve with warmed corn tortillas.

Enjoy the serendipity that awaits you!

No comments:

Post a Comment